Join our team!
We are actively seeking a web designer to join our team.
100% Remote | Part-Time (~16hrs/wk) | Hourly
If you like variety in your daily projects, this is the position for you! Green Tulip Design is looking for a designer to join our small, but growing, team of creative professionals. This role will utilize your creative ideas and skills to build websites, print and digital marketing materials for clients in a variety of industries. Our core offerings include web design, SEO, digital marketing, and logo design.
- Attend calls with clients in initial discovery phase to understand their business and their goals for the website
- Research client competitors to understand their strengths and weaknesses
- Keyword research
- Provide ideas and suggestions to clients to help them reach their goals for the project
- Design and build marketing websites and landing pages on WordPress using the Divi theme
- Conceptualize and present ideas for various designs and content layout on web pages
- Effectively manage multiple projects at the same time and easily pivot between multiple brand guides & voices
- Create visual aspects of marketing materials, marketing websites, landing pages and other media, including print ads, brochures, and booklets, social media ads, and email campaign layouts
- Communicate with clients throughout the project to understand their needs and manage changes through to completion
- Strong understanding of design principals in print and digital
- Work with a copywriter on occasion to develop copy for websites and other materials
- Design logos, branding, and various marketing materials including flyers, brochures, multipage booklets
- Make changes to websites and print designed as needed
- Full website review and follow checklist for taking a site live
- Update and manage your tasks in Asana
- Additional tasks as assigned
- 2+ years of experience in web design
- Strong portfolio demonstrating skill and breadth of design styles
- Proficient using InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and WordPress (familiar with Divi preferred)
- Experience planning and building websites from start to finish
- Solid understanding of with web design for mobile use
- Basic working knowledge of HTML & CSS
- General understanding of digital marketing, SEO, web optimization
- Desire & willingness to learn to new skills, software and methodologies
- Ability to manage projects & time effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to organize and follow tasks within project management tools (Asana)
- High attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work well with teammates and clients
- Preference for working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Reliable computer
- Reliable internet connection
Success in this position is measured by:
Quality of design and speed of projects
- This is a 100% remote position.
- Approx 16 hours per week. With the possibility of full-time in the future.
- Schedule can be somewhat flexible.
This job description is not all-inclusive and other activities, duties or responsibilities may be required of the employee as needed.